Selecting investment funds to match your asset allocation
Next we use specialist technology to screen a wide range of investment funds in each asset class against a set of criteria designed to select the most consistently performing investments. These ‘filters’ include objective measurements of return and risk as well as independent ratings awarded to the investment manager or a particular fund.
Following this filtering process our Investment Committee then undertakes further research of the remaining funds to select those which we feel are appropriate to use in our client portfolios.
Our current assessment process includes:
- Independent ratings of fund managers and their funds
- Discrete performance and sector quartile rankings
- Cumulative performance and sector quartile rankings
- Volatility and sector quartile rankings
- Size and stability of fund
"Our aim is to identify those funds which have consistently outperformed others in their sector."